The last three weeks at our Oils Support Group classes we have enjoyed this delicious Black Bean Dip that my dear friend Nicole Malachowski made! It’s a quick and easy recipe and she was kind enough to share it with me so that we could share it with you! Thanks Nicole! 🙂
Nicole’s secret is adding 1-2 drops of lime and cilantro essential oil! The flavor bursts, and makes this delicious bean dip irresistible!
- 2 cups of dry black beans OR 2 cans of organic black beans (rinsed)
- ¾ of a jar of organic salsa
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 drop Cilantro essential oil
- 1 drop Lime essential oil
- Fresh cilantro and avocado for a garnish (optional, but highly recommended, hehe)
- Soak dry black beans overnight in enough water to cover the 2 cups. Rinse and drain the soaked black beans. Transfer the black beans to a cooking pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook beans until tender.
- Combine the cooked (or canned) beans, salsa, essential oils, cumin, and salt and pepper (minus cilantro garnish) in a high speed blender (vitamix, nutrabullet..) and blend until combined, but also still chunky.
- Start the blender at a low speed, and pulse until the salsa and black beans are combined enough.
- Refrigerate and serve with fresh cut veggies, or my favorite, organic blue corn chips! Garnish with fresh picked cilantro and/or chopped avocado and enjoy! 🙂