I had the opportunity to make these cookies with Cardamom essential oils for my Holiday Open house this past weekend! Everyone loved them, and they tasted amazing dipped in a hot cup of tea, or even the warm apple cider that we had. Enjoy making these cookies this holiday season and sharing them with your family and friends! You can serve them on your DIY Serving Platter for a 100% homemade gift!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground Cardamom OR 3-5 drops of Cardamom Essential Oil
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cup flour
- Sugar for decorating
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add in egg yolk, cardamom, baking soda, and salt
- Beat in flour and chill dough!
- Take chilled dough out and shape into 1 inch balls, bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until they rise and become brown around the edges.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with white sugar