Known for its rich hue and warm, woody scent, Cedarwood essential oil provides a myriad of health benefits that date back to biblical times. Cedarwood is native to cold climates, thriving in high altitudes and growing up to 100 feet. Reminiscent of its size and strength, Cedarwood has a grounding aroma that evokes feelings of wellness and vitality. Diffusing or inhaling Cedarwood will help maintain healthy breathing and respiratory function and, when applied topically, Cedarwood promotes clear, healthy skin. Additionally, Cedarwood is frequently used in massage therapy to relax and soothe the mind and body.
Uses for Cedarwood Essential Oil:
- Diffuse after a stressful day to relax the mind and body
- Use with a carrier oil in massage therapy
- Add 1-2 drops to facial toner or moisturizer for added clarifying properties
- Inhale directly or diffuse to promote healthy respiratory function
- Diffusion: Use 3-4 drops in the diffuser of your choice
- Topical Use: Apply 1-2 drops to desired area. Dilute with coconut oil to minimize skin sensitivity
- Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Primary Benefits of Cedarwood Essential Oil:
- Supports and maintains healthy respiratory function
- Helps skin recover quickly
- Promotes clear, healthy skin
- Relaxing and soothing aroma is perfect for massage therapy