Cinnamon is derived from a tropical, evergreen tree that grows up to 45 feet high and has highly fragrant bark, leaves, and flowers. Extracted from bark, cinnamon oil contains strong cleansing and immune enhancing properties. Due to its high content of cinnamaldehyde, Cinnamon should be diluted with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin and only one to two drops are needed for internal benefits. Cinnamon is very purifying to the circulatory system and it helps promote circulation, both internally and when applied to the skin, helping to ease sore muscles and joints. Cinnamon helps maintain a healthy immune system, especially when seasonal threats are high. When diffused, Cinnamon promotes clear breathing while purifying the air. Cinnamon is frequently used in mouth rinses and gums for its oral health benefits. Cinnamon has a long history of culinary uses, adding spice to desserts, entrees, and hot drinks.
…clear breathing while purifying the air…
We are all familiar with cinnamon and it’s many uses in making delicious meals and treats. However, its popularity as an essential oil comes from its many therapeutic uses.
Cinnamon was widely used in ancient China for health purposes, and it is known to help enhance the action and activity of other oils.
Although Cinnamon has many uses, be careful when using it because this one is HOT (literally)! Everyone has different sensitivities, so make sure it is diluted with at least a 1:3 ratio (1 part Cinnamon to 3 parts carrier oil) if you are using topically.
Primary Benefits of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil:
- Helps maintains a healthy immune system
- Promotes oral health
- Helps alleviate sore muscles and joints
- Long used to flavor food and for its internal health benefits
Uses of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil:
- Put 2 drops in empty veggie capsule for immune support.
- Place 1 drop of Cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea and drink slowly to soothe your throat.
- Put 2-3 drops in a spray bottle for quick and effective cleansing spray.
- Place one drop on your toothbrush then add toothpaste.
- Dilute with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to cold, achy joints during winter time.