Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its ability to ease monthly menstrual cycles and help balance hormones. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is lineally acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was niched “clear eyes” for its positive effects on the eyes, and it was frequently used for female discomfort, as a throat gargle, and for soothing minor skin irritations.
Inhaling Clary Sage Essential Oil can soothe nervous tension, lighten mood, and create a sense of euphoria. It’s no secret that women are different from men. Women give birth, have menstrual pain, breastfeed, have hot flashes, and are sometimes know to have the occasional mood swing, or a few….Clary Sage Essential Oil then should also be no secret to women!
Clary Sage Essential Oil is known for its uplifting and mood-lightening attributes and also for its anti-fungal, antispasmodic, sedative, and soothing properties. Clary Sage has traditionally been used by women to soothe monthly discomfort associated with their menstrual cycles and to help with emotional stress, damaged hair, hot flashes, lactation, mood swings, and more!!
Check out the following research on how Clary Sage Essential Oil was shown to help with relieving menstrual pain, alleviating pain during labor, and how it has helped relieve anxiety;
- An aromatherapy massage (consisting of Clary Sage and other essential oils) may be an effective treatment for menstrual pain in high school girls. Read the full study HERE!
- An observational study done by midwives over the last 8 years have suggested the aromatherapy using Clary Sage and chamomile essential oil are effective in alleviating pain and that aromatherapy can be effective in reducing maternal anxiety, fear and/or pain during labor. Read more about the study HERE!
- One study found that animals who were given Clary Sage essential oil-enriches food from the date of conception, showed a significant reduction of dominate and anxiety-like behavior compared to animals who were given sunflower-enriched food. Clary Sage Essential Oil, in this study, was found to possess anxiety relieving properties. Read more about this study HERE!
It’s no wonder why Clary Sage should be every woman’s best friend!
Primary Benefits of Clary Sage Essential Oil:
- Soothes monthly discomfort associated with menstrual cycles
- Helps balance hormonal cycles
- Soothes nervous tension and lightens mood
- Calming and soothing to the skin
Tips from dōTERRA on Clary Sage Essential Oil:
- For menstrual discomfort, massage 3-5 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil to your abdomen
- Add Clary Sage Essential Oil to your Epson Salt bath to help relieve nerves and anxiety. Combine Clary Sage and Roman Chamomile essential oils for an even more relaxing bath
- Put 1-2 drops on your pillow to help you have a better night’s rest
ClaryCalm; Monthly Blend for Women
ClaryCalm is a proprietary blend of essential oils that have been traditionally used to balance hormones and manage symptoms of PMS and the transitional phases of menopause! ClaryCalm is a topical blend of Clary Sage, Lavender, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Fennel, Carrot Seed, Palmarosa, and Vitex!
ClaryCalm provides temporary respite from cramps, nausea, hot flashes, and the emotional swings sometimes associated with regular hormone cycle in women!
Uses of ClaryCalm Topical Blend;
- For menstrual discomfort, rub 3-5 drops on abdomen
- Apply topically to the back of the neck, on temples, and bottoms of feet. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize skin sensitivity
- Apply to feet or pulse points to help balance hormones
- Keep ClayCalm in your purse for traveling to manage symptoms associated with hormonal discomfort of PMS on the Go!
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician, avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas!