Making your own vanilla extract is extremely easy, and is much less expensive than store bought!
You’ll only need 2 ingredients!
- 3-4 whole Organic Vanilla Beans
- 1 cup brandy, vodka, or bourbon
- I choose to store my DIY Vanilla Extract in Amber glass bottles!
DIY Vanilla Extract Recipe
- 3-4 Whole Organic Vanilla Beans
- 1 Cup Brandy, Vodka, or Bouron
- Amber glass jars- for storage
- Split vanilla beans lengthwise with a knife, leaving the seeds inside intact
- Place vanilla beans in a jar, cover with alcohol, and cap tightly
- Agitate the mixture by shaking the jar daily for 4-6 weeks
- You can infuse the vanilla beans for as long as you would like, an add new vanilla beans to make a stronger extract
- Once the flavor of the extract has reached the desired strength, strain the vanilla beans out and bottle the resulting extract
- To make bottles even more alluring, you can insert a vanilla bean into each bottle
- Vanilla Extract will last indefinitely, and will become even more aromatic and flavorful as it ages.
- Homemade vanilla extract may be used in exactly the same manner as commercial vanilla extract.