Lavender is one of dōTERRA’s best selling essential oils and for good reason. Lavender essential oil can be used in hundreds of different ways from helping you sleep better to reducing stress.
Lavender is known as the ‘calming oil’ and is often used to assist in balancing the body. Lavender is most commonly used to soothe the occasional skin irritation, help improve quality of sleep, aid in calming nerves, and more.
Lavender Essential Oil is an oil that has been used for millennia and noted for its cleaning and healthful properties. Through modern scientific testing its time proven properties have been confirmed. It is one of the most popular and used of the essential oils. There are multiple types of Lavender (from different plants) so it is important to have lavandula angustifolia. This specie is more refined and therefore more expensive but has much preferred qualities to use for personal health conditions. The preferred Lavender is steam distilled from the flowering tops of plants with some of the finest quality from Europe. DōTerra Lavender is steam distilled from the flowering tops of plants from France (fine high altitude) and Bulgaria (super high altitude). These are joined together in equal ratios.
Because of the gentle properties of Lavender it can be applied topically on even some of the most sensitive of skin.
- Topical application to burns, minor cuts, and bruises almost always produces successful results. At the same time the aroma is very soothing. A benefit to applying the oil topically to a cut or burn on a child is to let them smell the aroma on the hands as it is applied and it will have a marvelous calming effect.
- By using a diffuser this same soothing aroma can help with stress or other mental strain with adults and children.
- Again, because of the versatility of Lavender oil, it can be used equally well topically, diffused, or in baths.
Check out the following studies on lavender essential oil:
- Lavender was shown to help promote relaxation. Check out the study here.
- Lavender essential oil was show to help relieve tension in the head and neck. Read more about the study here.
- Lavender oil may help reduce feelings of anxiety. Read more here.
- Lavender essential oil may promote better sleep. Check out the study here.
- Check out more research on lavender essential oil at aromaticscience.com.
Lavender Essential Oil Tips:
- Apply Lavender to the bottom of your feet, before going to bed, to aid in improving sleep quality.
- Diffuse Lavender to promote peace and a general sense of well-being.
- Apply a small amount of Peppermint and Lavender to your temples to assist in reducing stress.
- Chapped lips? Put 1 drop of Lavender on your lips to help sooth and soften.