A tall, perennial plant, Lemongrass has a subtle citrus flavor and is used in Asian cuisine in soups, teas, and curries as well as with fish, poultry, beef, and seafood. In addition to it’s unique flavor, Lemongrass essential oil promotes healthy digestion and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems. It’s also purifying and toning to the skin, and is frequently used in skin care products for these benefits. Lemongrass can soothe sore muscles and joints, making it an ideal oil to use in massage therapy or applied directly to problem areas. Lemongrass has a pungent, herbaceous aroma that can heighten awareness and promote a positive outlook.
Uses for Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- To help soothe sore joints or muscles sprains, combine equal parts Fractionated Coconut Oil and Lemongrass oil and rub topically on area of concern
- Use to flavor entrées and meat dishes while promoting healthy digestion.
- Combine with Melaleuca and apply to toenails for clean, healthy nails.
- Rub or spritz on skin before going outside. Lemongrass essential oil naturally repels insects and is one of the essential oils in doterra’s TerraShield essential oil blend.
Primary Benefits of Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- Supports healthy digestions
- Soothes aching muscles
- Purifies and tones skin