Cold-pressed from the peel of fresh limes, dōTERRA Lime Essential Oil is refreshing and energizing in both aroma and taste. Limes are frequently used in entrees and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavor. In the 18th century, British sailors drank lime juice daily to prevent scurvy while at sea, thus giving British seamen the nickname “Limeys.” Lime essential oil contains powerful antioxidants that ward off free radicals and enhance immunity, Due to its high lemonade content, Lime provides internal cleansing benefits and can be diffused to help purify the air. It’s also an effective and natural surface cleaner. Lime is known for its ability to uplift mood, and balance and energize the mind and body. Lime is frequently used in facial and body cleansers for its purifying properties and uplifting scent.
Primary Benefits of Lime Essential Oil;
Internal Use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid
Topical Use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTerra Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product. Lime is photosensitive, could cause burning if exposed to sunlight after using topically.
Top Uses for Lime Essential Oil:
- Diffuse to cleanse that air and uplift your mood
- Put some lime on a cotton pad to help remove grease spots and sticker residue
- Add a drop of Lime to your drinking water for enhanced flavor and antioxidants
- Add 1 drop to your facial cleanser or shampoo for added cleansing properties
- Add 1-2 drops to help keep fruits from turning brown
- Don’t have fresh lime lying around the house when you need it? No problem! Just add lime essential oils to your favorite recipes when they call for lime juice. You don’t need very much. Start with 1 drop and then add more as needed. Try Lime essential oil instead of lime juice the next time you make fresh salsa or guacamole!
- Rub your tarnish silver with Lime Essential Oil to restore its beauty
Diffuse Lime & Lavender together for a refreshing uplifting mood boosting atmosphere! Its truly sensational!
Check out these recipes using dōTERRA’s Lime Essential Oil: Pear Pomegranate Lime Salsa OR Avocado Lime Hummus