As you know there are endless uses for essential oils, using them to help with sleep, headaches, nausea, earaches, etc…. but you can also use essential oils to clean! Strange I know, I can eat it, I can use it topically, and I can clean with it?! Yupp, essential oils really do it all. Forget about those toxic expensive store bought house cleaners, toss them all out! Replace your cleaning products for less than your store bought, AND clean your home a safer, more effective way- with dōTERRA essential oils.
Bring back the basics, keep cleaning simple!
Non Toxic Cleaning Tips and Tricks!
- Natural Fruit & Veggie Wash: Fill your kitchen sink with cold water and add 5 drops of Lemon Essential oil. Soak your fruits and veggies for ~20 minutes, rinse and dry! That’s it, the lemon essential oil removes the extra chemicals and toxins that are found on fruits and veggies.
- Lemon essential oil is also a fantastic spot cleaner before dirty stained clothes are put in the washer! Just a drop will do! (Takes out blood stains)
- Mopping with Vinegar: mopping your floors with Vinegar is safe for almost all floor types including wood and tile. Don’t recommend using on marble or stone- can cause pitting. Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and not to mention, cheap! You can save by making your own vinegar cleaning instead of buying expensive cleaners!
- Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Once again, back to the basics! Baking soda (1/2-3/4 cups), distilled white vinegar (1/2-3/4 cups) and 8-10 drops of Melaleuca (tea tree) essential oil! Melaleuca will not only mask the smell of the vinegar, but it will disinfect and sanitizer your toilet bowl! Pour baking soda right in toilet bowl, then drop in the essential oil, and last add in vinegar. Scrub and let sit for 10 minutes! Flush 🙂
- DIY GooGone Recipe: Lemon Essential Oil! Simple as pie, 1-2 drops of Lemon on a stick surface that is hard for you to remove. Let the lemon oil soak on the sticker or goo for a minute and wipe away with ease 🙂
- Refrigerator & Microwave Cleaner: 1 cup white vinegar, 2 cups hot water, 15 drops of Lemon Essential oil. Combine three ingredients in a spray bottle- spray in side refrigerator or microwave and wipe away the grease and grime with a damp cloth!
- Citrus All-Purpose Wipes:
- Mildew Spray: Mix 5 drops lemon and 5 drops white fir essential oil with 2oz. of water in a small glass spray bottle. Spray on areas with mildew to eliminate.
- Mirror Cleaner: Place 1-2 drops of a disinfection oil (try lemon) with 1 tsp. vinegar in a 1 oz. glass spray bottle. Fill the remainder of the bottle with water. Shake well and spray on mirrors. Use a dry rag or newspapers to wipe off.
- Mold Elimination: Diffuse OnGuard into the air to help eliminate mold. Diffusion with the dōTERRRA Aroma Ace diffuser emits a more concentrated mist which will be more effective in attacking mold growth.
- Trash Can Deodorizer: Add 3-5 drops of a deodorizing essential oil or blend to 1 Tbsp of baking powder. Sprinkle into trash can before bag.
- Laundry Tips:
- Gum/Grease Remover: Use lemon or a Citrus oil to help take grease or gum out of clothes.
- Washing: A few drops of Purify in the wash water will help kill bacteria and germs in clothes
- Drying: Put purify, elevation, lemongrass, or another favorite oil or blend on a wet rag and then place rag in the dryer with clothing. Or mist oils from a spray bottle directly into the dryer to keep clothes smelling great- without artificial perfumes or fragrances.
- Three Ingredient Fabric Softener
- Furniture Tips: Polish- put a few drops of lemon, purify, or white fir oil on a dust cloth and use to wipe down wood!
- DIY Carpet Deodorizer/All purpose freshener!