Patchouli is a bushy herb from the mint family with stems reaching two or three feet in height and bearing small, pink-white flowers. Easily recognized for its rich, musky-sweet fragrance, Patchouli is regularly used in the perfume industry as well as in scented products such as laundry detergents and air fresheners. Patchouli is beneficial to the skin in many ways. It helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks; soothes minor skin irritations; and promotes a smooth, glowing complexion. The fragrance of Patchouli provides a grounding, balancing effects on emotions.
Uses for Patchouli Essential Oil:
- Combine with Peppermint essential oil and apply to the forehead, temples, or back of the neck to help with headache symptoms.
- Apply one to two drops to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, or problem skin areas, or add to your favorite moisturizer.
- Combine with Vetiver and apply to the bottoms of feet to help calm emotions.
Primary Benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil:
- Grounding, balancing effect on emotions
- Helps skin recover quickly
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks