Looking for an easy recipe to follow? Here is the simplest recipe ever! Chop up some veggies, scramble some eggs and throw it all in a cast iron pan and let the stove do the rest! It’s that simple, and you’ll have leftovers for breakfast tomorrow, and maybe even that day after that too! 🙂
The images in this post are from two different days when I made the breakfast fritatta. The first time I used a pie plate, no spinach, and no mushrooms. The only reason why the ingredients varied is because of what was fresh and in my fridge at the time. This recipe has room for creativity, feel free to mix it up and add or substitute veggies any time!
The first time I made this I put everything in a pie plate to cook. Not necessary. You don’t need to dirty another dish. Keep your sautéd veggies in the cast iron pan and pour in the eggs!
There is what your breakfast fritatta will look like! So delicious, it is actually hard to let it cool down before you slice a piece and dive in!
- Any combination of fresh chopped veggies that you enjoy! Below are what I added to my breakfast fritatta 🙂
- Chopped white onion
- Chopped pepper (green, red or orange)
- Fresh Spinach (washed and dried)
- ~1 dozen eggs
- grated cheese to sprinkle on the top
- Pre-heat oven at 350
- Chop and prepare the veggies that you choose to put in your fritatta.
- Sauté in cast iron pan with coconut oil.
- Scramble eggs and then pour over top of cooked veggies
- Sprinkle cheese (optional)
- Move cast iron frying pan from stove top right into your oven and cook for ~20 minutes or until cooked throughout. The top will start to brown and may even bubble.
- Removed from the oven and let cool, best served warm and straight from the pan 🙂 Enjoy!