Try out this Super Food Shake! It’s a tasty breakfast or lunch time shake that my husband and I have enjoyed for quite awhile! You can even mix things up by adding a drop or two of a citrus essential oil to boost the flavor! I would suggest lemon, wild orange, grapefruit, or lime!
Udo’s Choice Oil Blend is a carefully blended mix of the finest Omega 3, 6 and 9 varieties of Essential Fatty Acid sources. This premium-quality product has a pleasant light nutty flavor and is easily mixed with health shakes, protein drinks, or, added as a topping to salads and vegetables!
What are Essential Fats?
Scientist have given essential fats (aka essential fatty acids or EFA’s) their name because the body must have them to survive, but cannot synthesize them from any other substance we eat, so a direct food source is required. Hence the name essential. There are many kinds of fats, but only two kinds of essential fats: Omega 3 and Omega 6, both of which are unsaturated fats, Each EFA is turned into several derivatives by the body, provided enough omega-3 and omega-6, in the right ratio, and made with health in mind, are supplied. All other fats, such as Omega 9, omega 7, and saturated fat, are non-essential because the body can produce them from sugars and starches.
Where do EFA’s come from?
Sources of omega-3s are flax seeds and green leafy vegetables. The omega-3 derivatives EPA and DHA are found in high fat, cold water fish such as albacore tuna, sardines, Atlantic halibut and salmon, coho, pink and king salmon, Pacific and Atlantic herring, Atlantic mackerel, and lake trout. Small amounts of EPA and DHA omega-3s are also found in oysters and other shellfish.
Omega-6 is found in sesame and sunflower seeds and other seeds and nuts. Land animal meats and fish are sources of the omega-6 derivative arachidonic acid (AA). The fish listed above are preferred sources of omega-3 and omega-6 derivatives, because they are the richest sources, and contain both, with more omega-3s.
- Increase energy, performance, and stamina! EFA’s enhance thermogensis, help build muscle, prevent muscle break down, and speed recovery from fatigue.
- Strengthen the immune system!
- Lower most risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- Improve brain function: mood, intelligence, behavior, and vision
- Aid in weight reduction
- Regulate organs and glands
- Speed recovery and healing
- Support healthy child development
- Improve digestion
- Decrease infection
- Keep bones strong
- Protect genetic material
- Ease PMS
- Produce beautiful skin, hair, and nails
Read more about the Udo’s Oil Blend used in this Super Food Shake, and essential fatty acids HERE!
- 8 ounces of Coconut Water (or you can use just water or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons of Udo's Blend (flax, sesame, and sunflower seed oils)
- 2 teaspoons of Cod Liver Oil (Twin Labs, Carlson or Nordic Naturals)
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons of shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons dōTERRA's TerraGreens
- 1 Slim & Sassy Contrōl stick pack
- Also you can add a scoop of protein powder or Slim & Sassy Trim Shake!
- Fruit of your choice! I typically use frozen berries and fruit so the shake is chilled. Some fruits I like to use are bananas, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, or mangoes.
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a VitaMix or high speed blender, mix and enjoy!
- This Super Food Shake makes for an excellent breakfast shake! 🙂