Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is derived from the star-shaped flowers of the tropical Ylang Ylang tree and is used extensively in making perfumes and in aromatherapy. Similar to Jasmine, Ylang Ylang is considered an aphrodisiac and has been used for centuries in religious and wedding ceremonies. In aromatherapy, Ylang Ylang is used to lessen tension and stress and to promote a positive outlook. Ylang Ylang is frequently used in luxurious hear and skin products for its scent and nourishing and protective properties. Due to Ylang Ylang’s powerful scent, only a small amount is needed for application and diffusion. Ylang Ylang blends well with Bergamot, Geranium, Grapefruit, and Vetiver.
Uses for Ylang Ylang Essential Oil:
- Put Ylang Ylang essential oils into an Espom Salt Bath for relaxation
- Refresh your skin with an aromatherapy steam facial using Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Put on your wrists for a sweet and floral perfume
- Add Ylang Ylang to dōTERRA’s Fractionated Coconut Oil for a deep hair conditioner
Primary Benefits of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil:
- Helps balance hormones
- Promotes healthy skin and hair
- Lifts mood while having a calming effect
Directions for Use of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil:
- Diffusion: use 3-4 drops in the diffuser of your choice
- Internal Use: dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid
- Topical Use: apply 1-2 drops to desired area, dilute with doterra fractionated coconut oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a docto’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
The Oil of the Inner Child
Ylang Ylang is a powerful remedy for the heart. Modern day society honors and reveres the mind over the heart. Yet the heart, with its intuitive ways of receiving information is an essential part of the soul. Ylang Ylang reconnects an individual with the child self and the pure, simple ways of the heart. It encourages play and restores a childlike nature and innocence. It assists in accessing intuition or “heart knowing”.
Ylang Ylang is also a powerful remedy for releasing emotional trauma from the past. It is a fantastic support in age regression work and other methods of emotional healing. Ylang Ylang also assists individuals in releasing bottled up emotions such as anger and sadness. Feelings that have been buried inside are easily brought to the light through Ylang Ylang’s assistance. This oil allows emotional healing to flow naturally, nurturing the heart through the process. It remind the individual that joy can be felt and experienced more fully by allowing the heart its full range of emotions.
Emotions Addressed with Ylang Ylang: Joylessness, overstressed, grief, sadness, loss of a loved one, disconnected from inner child